Friday, August 5, 2011

Care for a type of ivy plant which I believe is English ivy?

I purchased this beautiful ivy plant about a month ago. It was very full with smallish pointy leaves. I thought it was needlepoint ivy, but now I'm not sure. Anyway, it was doing extremely well. I had it in a raised container in the middle of my dining room table. I can adjust the degree of light by opening and closing the blinds. I left them partially opened to receive great bright morning light and dimmer afternoon light. Now, it appears to be "drying up" from the center of the plant and shedding leaves so that I can just reach in and pick them off all dried up. The soil is still moist from watering a week ago. What oh what I am I doing wrong. I love that plant but fear it is on the wane. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment